The Iona College Chapter of the AAUP was formed on October 27, 2017.
Since its foundation in 1915, the AAUP has helped to shape American higher education by developing the standards and procedures that maintain quality in education and academic freedom in this country’s colleges and universities. The AAUP defines fundamental professional values and standards for higher education, advances the rights of academics, particularly as those rights pertain to academic freedom and shared governance, and promotes the interests of higher education teaching and research.
The following faculty members serve on the Iona College Chapter Executive Committee:
- Tony Kelso, President (Chair, Media & Strategic Communication; Member, Faculty Senate)
- Dot Brophy, Vice President (Adjunct Professor, English; Member, Faculty Senate)
- Josh Klein, Treasurer (Associate Professor, Criminal Justice & Sociology; Member, Faculty Senate)
- Josh Leon, Secretary (Chair, Political Science)
- Marcus Aldredge, Member at Large (Chair, Criminal Justice & Sociology)
- Dean Defino, Member at Large (Director, Film Studies; Secretary, Faculty Senate)
- Teresa Delgado, Member at Large (Chair, Religious Studies)
- Bob Lacey, Member at Large (Professor, Political Science; Member, Faculty Senate)
- Rachana Umashankar, Member at Large (Associate Professor, Religious Studies)