The Iona College Chapter of the AAUP was formed on October 27, 2017.
Since its foundation in 1915, the AAUP has helped to shape American higher education by developing the standards and procedures that maintain quality in education and academic freedom in this country’s colleges and universities. The AAUP defines fundamental professional values and standards for higher education, advances the rights of academics, particularly as those rights pertain to academic freedom and shared governance, and promotes the interests of higher education teaching and research.
The following faculty members serve on the Iona College Chapter Executive Committee:
- Tony Kelso, President (Chair, Media & Strategic Communication; Member, Faculty Senate)
- Cathy Lavery, Vice President (Graduate Director, Criminal Justice & Sociology)
- Josh Klein, Treasurer (Criminal Justice & Sociology)
- Josh Leon, Secretary (Political Science)
- Marcus Aldredge, Member at Large (Chair, Criminal Justice & Sociology)
- Dot Brophy, Member at Large (Superadjunct, English)
- Dean Defino, Member at Large (Director, Film Studies; Secretary, Faculty Senate)
- Bob Lacey, Member at Large (Chair, Political Science)